8.26.2004

If you're not outraged, then you're not paying attention

I don't know who said that first, or what they said it about, but it is a true statement. Maybe because I'm one of those people that does give a damn about what's going on around me and angered because I feel powerless to stop it.

*sighs*

Anyway, I've been coming off a dry spell, one of those things where you want to draw something, but you can't becuase your burned out? Well, I'm no longer burned out. I've got an idea for a painting now, I'll post it as I work on it. I think I'm going to make a .gif of it as I go, see if I can make it work. It'll probably load to slow for most dial up connections though. I probably won't get on it for another couple of weeks.

The rain is really soothing right now. Its been raining off and on for the last few days. There is something about the rain that really does soothe me. Maybe becuase I'm such an angsty person sometimes.

Now I guess I better post something and do some homework online. I've got to post at least five times a week, on top of doing assignments. I don't know if I'm going to really like this style of teaching or not, I'm kind of sketpical at this point. Regardless, I'm going to do the best I can for this next four weeks and see if I can get it done. Three credits in five weeks. A business degree. I'm not sure how fond I am of business to tell you the truth, it was never something that really appealed to me before and I kind of got talked into it.

Truthfully, though business is not really my thing, the main reason for going back is because I really did need to get out of this rut I'm in and get back into school. It's been so long of me doing nothing but working at Hastings and sitting on my ass for the rest of the time that I felt I needed to do something productive. A year is actually a long time, come to think about it. It's to long a time to be sitting around doing nothing. I need to do something. I'm going to go about seeing about getting into Eastern Winter Quarter, unless they are on the Semester schedule as well, and I'll see if I can't get in there for the second semester if that's the case.

I really need to see what kind of degree I want to get though. I don't really want a business degree, but it is the most flexible certainly. I can do the most with it but what do I do when I get into a jobfield that I hate?

Its a lose/lose situation for me, at least that's how I feel about the matter 99% of the time.

No comments: