9.19.2004

The Latest in School/Work/Playtime

I've officially decided to withdraw out of University of Phoenix for a number of reasons, one that I don't get it (I haven't learned anything), two that its kind of spendy, and three if I have time to learn in another method, meaning to actually go to college and sit in a class, well, I'd rather be doing that!

This week at work, I'll be working every morning from roughly six to three. I've got to get up early to make it to work.

Tomorrow I have to call my councelor and tell him to disenroll me from school, I'll probably end up going to class and shamming my way through that and then I can be grateful to know that it is ALL over.

I put in my paperwork for the army to go active duty. Lynn says I should know anywhere from two weeks to three months. I'm hoping its more along the two week window. As soon as I get that paperwork, I can seriously start talking to a recruiter. I have to put paperwork in to ask to keep my Sergeant, but I have a strong suspicion that it will probably go. I think I can get it back pretty quick. I don't know how the boards are, but maybe I'll get promoted pretty quickly?

My main area of lacking is military education, but I'm getting some points in that arena.

Meanwhile, the unit can't decide whether or not it is on alert. Two weeks ago it was going through the grapevine that we were off alert and free to go. Now we're supposedly back on. The army can't make up its mind. I've been assured that I can still go active however. I pray that this is the case, I don't want to hang around the unit for another year deciding what it is going to do. Besides, I've got another year on my contract and I'm supposed to be out! I can't hold my life for this unit! It's not worth it!

Play, man, I don't have time to play. Me and my friend Shamra are supposed to be going biking on the Hiawatha trail on Oct 2 but that got redirected due to the fact that the army has decided to play army that day. I wonder if I can get out of it?

I think once this class is over, I'm going to start working again on my comic. It can be frustrating at times, but it can also be far more rewarding.

I gotta get out of this rut.

No comments: