9.24.2004

Why I Refuse to Vote for John Kerry

As the election draws nearer (39 days to go), I have been following the issues pretty closely. I admit, I've been following John Kerry closely, watching his actions, and seeing where he's going and what his platform is all about.

I have not been impressed.

This actually started with the swiftboat controversy. Before that, I was still planning on voting for Bush but I had decided that I would probably do fine under Kerry and wouldn't have minded if he gotten elected.

What started it all was reading Unfit for Command and following the Swift Vets and their reason why they were bashing John Kerry. In fact, I had been reading their sight just before they got national exposure.

My thoughts on the Swift Vets is that most every thing they say is true. They are well documented on their sources and why they are attacking John Kerry. Its because their war with him is completely personal. I can't believe this is a front for the Bush Camp. These men are sincere in what they say and have nothing to gain (well, other then Kerry not getting the coveted slot of Commander in Chief) and everything to lose. These are 254 highly decorated Vietnam War Vets. Of course, according to the DNC, they're words were dispicable and hate-filled, and everything they say is lies. Of course, who would dare question the service of a highly decorated vietnam vet?

Well, apparently the DNC is questioning 254 highly decorated Vietnam vets. But nobody could dare say question John Kerry's service. And the fact that there are more then one link to the DNC and other 527 groups (move-on.org quickly comes to mind)

Reason 1, the Kerry camp's hypocritical response to the Swift Vet controversy.

That reason alone wouldn't stop me from voting for somebody, mind you. But looking into the Swift Vet controversy, I found about a few more reasons to despise John Kerry, mainly because I am in the service myself.

Reason 2, the lies that were debunked by the swift vets about Kerry's service, mainly Christmas in Cambodia, the first purple heart, the Silver Star, and the Jim Rassman's story.

Considering the Swift Vets have yet to wave from their story, they have mainly clarified their position, Kerry's story has changed a couple dozen times, from his own mouth to his own biography. This is kind of proving to me that he's a chronological liar. But then again, he's a politician. Next point.

Reason 3, the abbreviated tour.

Again, another thing that by itself, wouldn't stop me from voting for somebody. But this says a lot about a person, especially a person claiming to be a war hero. John Kerry's own testimony conflicts greatly with what really happened, and the fact that he didn't fulfil his duty. This is a minor pet peeve with me.

Reason 4, John Kerry's tesitmony in 1971.

This is well documented, and you can find everything you want here at Winter Soldier. If I hadn't been swayed by the above reasons (which, as mentioned before, by themselves will not cause me to not vote for somebody) but Kerry burned all his bridges with me on this one. His blatant lies and slandering of fellow soldiers makes me cringe in anger at this arrogant self serving bastard. And the fact that the Winter Soldier hearings have later proved to be lies, the people testifying were proven to have not even served in Vietnam. The whole thing was based on lies, and John Kerry has yet to apologize for what he did here and still stands by what he said.

The testimonies have hurt many Vietnam Vets, especially POW's and those that gave their life and do not have the choice of denouncing what Kerry said to save their good name.

Reason 5, Meeting with Vietcong in Paris

John Kerry met with the enemy while We were at war on his own accord to negotiate the end of the war. He did not do this with the cooperation of the US government, he did this by himself. I feel that Kerry was working more for the VietCong then the US.

I call this Treason.

Reason 6, Kerry did the above two points while still in the Navy.

Which makes his actions that much worse.

Reason 7, Kerry's picture is hanging in the war memorial building in Ho Chi Minh City for his actions that helped the Viet Cong win the Vietnam War.

Deplorable in the highest regard, a lot of people put a lot of blame on us losing the Vietnam War on Kerry and the role he played. His actions actually caused the Viet Cong to hold on a little longer as defeat was near.

That the Viet Cong have a picture hanging to Honor Kerry's service to them in a time of war speaks treason.

More can be found here.

Reason 8, Kerry refuses to clarify the charges made against him by the Swift Vets.

Nuancy boy just keeps beating around the bush and if anybody asks him any questions about his service, his response, literally is "are you questioning my patriotism?" Apparently, your service record and anything you have ever done in your life is out of bounds for questioning. Of course, we can question George Bush's service all we want.

Just sign the 180, John, I really want to know what you are hiding from the american people.

Reason 9, John Kerry's hypocritical response to George Bush's service.

I call his actions hypocritical because he demands Bush to come clean about his National Guard record when Bush wasn't even running on it, yet Kerry refuses too and his Presidential Platform is based on actions that happened 35 years ago. To do so is idiotic to begin with.

I do not care what Bush did in the National Guard 35 years ago. He's not running on that as a basis of his campaign. To keep bringing it up is incredibly stupid on Kerry's part. But that brings me to point 9.

Reason 9, John Kerry's slandering of anyone that served in National Guard/Reserves.

I'm a reservist, I have yet to serve in Iraq. Man, I must be trying to avoid service or something.

But I agree, the situation between now and then are a bit different (Draft vs All Volunteer Army) but he did slander most everybody serving in the National Guard back during Vietnam, as well as anyone who Legally obtained Draft Deferments.

Apparently, serving in the Military doesn't matter when your name is Bill Clinton, in fact, being a well-known Draft Dodger will get the DNC's blessing.

Truth is, 90% of young men eligible to serve during Vietnam didn't serve in Vietnam. They got out for a number of reasons in a number of ways. Some of them avoided service legally (Dick Cheney) some didn't (Bill Clinton).

And did you know that John Kerry actually had Four Draft Deferments for school (for the same reasons that Dick Cheney obtained them) before being threatened to be drafted? Guess what he did? He joined the NAVAL RESERVES!

Another point about John Kerry's hypocracy.

Reason 10, SeeBS and RatherGate.

There is no real proof that John Kerry was collaborating with CBS with the forged memos, but there is genuine proof that poeple in his campaign were. I refuse to watch CBS now as it has no credibility with me anymore. Not that I watch TV in the first place but still, this is kind of an interesting situation that happened. And it causes some questions about John Kerry's campaign.

Still, in the meantime, until there is rock solid proof against Kerry in this matter, I'll take his word for it that he personally was not involved.

Reason 11, John Kerry's service in the senate.

If Kerry was to run on any platform for president, he should have run on this. Unfortunately for him, he has not done a single thing to warrent his election to President of the US. His entire senate record is a joke. Oh, and the fact that he has missed something like 80% of his Senate votes this year? That is pretty pathetic. I can understand missing a couple to focus on a campaign, but this is overkill.

And the fact that in 20 years in the senate, Kerry has not put forth any major piece of legislation with his name on it tells me a lot about the man. And it obviously tells me that he doesn't understand how the government runs.

I guess he'd rather be windsurfing then attending Senate Meetings. The man is all Play and no Work.

Reason 12, John Kerry's position on Iraq.

"We know we can't count on the French. We know we can't count on the Russians, We know that Iraq is a danger to the United States, and we reserve the right to take pre-emptive action whenever we feel it's in our national interest"

That is a direct quote from John Kerry. Yes, John Kerry said that. In 1997, when Clinton was president. I guess it matters who is in office, doesn't it?

This man has no position on Iraq, and to me, being in the military, that is an important point. This man will be my Commander in Chief, and if he takes that position, I will bite my tongue and cease to say anything negative about him. But his position with Iraq has told me that this man is a politician in the truest of senses.

Reason 13, Gun Issue Nuancy

Iraq isn't the only thing he's been nuanced about, Kerry is riding the post on every single issue.

I'm an advocate of the 2nd ammendment, Kerry is trying to get the gun owner's vote. His voting record speaks against him. Kerry is in the hands of those that seek gun control and if he had his way, he would have practically every gun banned.

But lately he's been incistant that he is an avid sportsman. Yeah, whatever win's you a few votes, right? Talk about doing whatever you can to get elected.

Reason 14, Football Fans for Truth

Yes, this is a joke, but it tells you something about Kerry. Kerry is striving to be something he's not, and showing about a billion different faces to appease anyone and everyone. I have no respect for somebody who continues to play at being something he's not. Be honest dude, and admit you don't know much about sports. I'd have a bit more respect for you if you did so.

Reason 15, Will not take responsibility for anything

Last winter, John Kerry fell when he was snowboarding, and blamed it on his secret service agent.

He blamed his campaign for the reaction to the Swift Vets.

I can actually go on if I do a little research (I'm typing this all out of my head), but basically John Kerry refused to take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. He is the first to blame somebody else.

And he is the one that is blaming Bush for not taking responsibility on some things that happened.

Hypocracy.

Reason 16, More respected with Foreign Leaders my ass

John Kerry insists that he can get more respect by the world community then Bush has.

So far I have heard him insult the coalition in Iraq, calling them the "coalition of the bribed." However, he insists he can help get more countries involved in Iraq and the war on terror through "inducements." Well, I guess it's bribery with Republicans and Inducements with Democrats.

His sister is insulting our Australian allies and basically alienating them from us. Thanks Kerry's Sister. You're a bigger jackass then I expected.

Then of course, Kerry just this week insulted the Iraqi Prime Minister by basically calling him a liar for 'white washing' what was really happening on Iraq. I guess because its war, nothing good can be coming from Iraq right now, can there? I mean, it must be all doom and gloom.

But I guess he is more respected (term used loosely) by dictators and terrorists in the world who would rather see him in office over George Bush because they can see that Kerry is already a pushover and a pansy to the corrupted UN.

Of course there is some good coming out of Iraq, but Kerry isn't helping our troops by basically claiming their effort is a lost cause and they are wasting their time and dying for no reason trying to create democracy in a hostile zone. I do not like listening to Kerry talk about the war on Iraq, and I think I would like it even less if I were over there trying to serve my country and help the people of Iraq.

Which brings me to Reason 17, Kerry's constant banter demoralizing our troops

Did I mention I do not like John Kerry? His words on the situation in Iraq is only demoralizing our troops and giving heart to the terrorists. I guess it isn't unusual, Kerry did the same thing in 1971.

Reason 18, Kerry's four point plan for getting out of Iraq.

Its rather vague and basically lets the terrorists know that Help is On the Way. I'll look for an article detailing it in length.

The gist of it is, "I'm getting the troops out as soon as possible, and getting the UN and other nations to fork up the rest of the bill." Yeah, right Nuancy boy.

Of course, I wouldn't expect Kerry to stay the course on a fight like this, he bugs out of everything.

Update - Apparently he's also scripted a Seven Point Plan on the War on Terror. his plan mirrors that of Bush and what he said. Hmm, interesting.

Reason 19, No plan or agenda

He's all talk, no action. All Kerry does is ramble on and on without saying anything. He keeps talking about plans and what he's going to do, but he doesn't have anythign to show.

Oh, and the fact that while he was in the legislative branch of the government, he didn't put forward any legislation to do what he's claiming needs to be done (like healthcare or what not). He should have tried to do this in the senate, it is not soemthing that happens in the Executive Branch. The fact is that he is depending on the American's ignorance on how the government runs on a lot of the issues.

He could have something to go by on his candidacy for president if he had put forth some sort of legislation while in the senate for the bills he claims he will enact. Unfortunately, actions speak louder then words. You don't have a plan, dude. And you got exactly 39 days to really make one.

And the four point plan on Iraq is far from a plan of action. Its a very nuanced, french like beginning of one.

Reason 20, Kerry's a coward

And he likes the french. I hate the french. Enough said.

Reason 21, get's overly defensive when somebody says something negative about him.

Ok, there is one thing about being president that anyone running for president ought to understand. You can't please everybody, and there are people out there that loathe you.

Kerry gets whiney and overly defensive when anybody says anything bad about him. His catchphrase response is "are you questioning my patriotism?" This is a numbnuts response to the negative press, and shows that he doesn't have what it takes to handle the pressure of the undoubtedly most powerful office in the world.

Kerry's midnight response to the Republican National Convention says it all. The guy is an idiot.

Reason 22, Teresa

This lady scares me more then John does sometimes. I don't know what I would do if she were first lady.

I have nothing against people who speak their mind, but they need to have some tact when they do it. Theresa Heinz-Kerry has absolutely no tact, and should realize that when running for political office, you need to take this into account. Her actions do not help John Kerry one bit with the swing voters. If anything, her actions alienate them.

And since I don't agree with John Kerry's Health Care agenda, Heinz-Kerry called me and everyone else that agrees with me an Idiot.

Reason 23, "I actually did vote for the 87 Billion, Before I voted against it."

Ok, that's just one phrase that John Kerry used. There's a bunch more out there that show his nuancy even more. And they say Bush is bad on words. I think Bush is a far more eloquant speaker then Kerry is. And Bush knows he can sometimes be bad with words. At least he's tongue in cheek about it. Kerry is in constant denile.

Reason 24, his actions during the Cold War speak loudly on his view of the Military

He tried to cut funding on the Military in the height of the cold war, which to me, makes very little sense.

Reason 25, Zell Miller.

Zell Miller, an old-school Democrat from Georgia I believe (I apologize if I'm wrong on the state he represents) said it all at the Republican National Convention. He subsequently got a lot of bashing from the media and his fellow Democrats for what he said, but the man speaks his mind and isn't afraid of the reaction he knew he would undoubtedly get. I agree 100% with everything Zell Miller said about John Kerry.

Reason 26, the man's a hypocrit in the worst sense

And this has been proven many times in the above posts. I can't stand Hypocrits.

Reason 27, the negative press about John Kerry is far more fascinating to follow then the negative press about Bush.

There are about a couple hundred groups that are dogging the president right now. And for a long time, there was not much on Kerry. I've heard so much negative press about Bush that I got sick of it after a while. The negativity on Kerry is actually pretty funny and very fascinating to watch, especially when you discover what an unlikeable person Kerry is.

As a person, Bush is very friendly and likeable. Kerry isn't. Which makes all the negative information about him that much more interesting to follow.

Why I Would Vote for John Kerry


Ok, to be fair, I have to state something good about Kerry as well, the reasons why I would vote for him. This, is far more difficult then finding reasons why I would not vote for him, because there is very little I actually like about the man.

Reason 1, The Department of Wellness

This is something I actually agree with Kerry on. I have a lot of knowledge in Preventive Medicine, and though I didn't really want to do this when I first joined the army, I can see a great deal of benefits involving it. Prevention is a much better way of solving the healthcare crisis then treatment, and its cheaper too. If you can educate the population on how to keep themselves healthy and promote preventive medicine, everyone wins in the long run.

The downside? I don't think we need another buorocracy involved in our government. A department fully promoting Preventive Medicine is also already in existence. It's called the CDC (center of Disease Control). How about giving the CDC a bit more funding so that they can focus more on Public Health?

And besides the "Department of Wellness" is a stupid name.

Reason 2, He won't rush to war

As is evident by his actions in the past. Unfortunately, I don't see him rushing to war when we actually need to be at war either.

Reason 3, he's 'Not Bush'

Seeing that I don't have a big problem with Bush, I can say that there are probably more qualified people out there to be President then him. Unfortunately, it seems that those more qualified people aren't the types to actually run for public office.

That said, it seems like this is the number one reason why most people plan to vote for Kerry. And the problem is, I am more likely to vote for Bush because he's "not Kerry" then vote for Kerry because he's "not Bush".

I'm a firm believer though, that you vote for Somebody, not against them.

Now, what is more interesting, is that these are the only three real reasons why I can see why I would want to vote for Kerry, or why anybody would actually vote for him. Well, other then the healthcare issue. Which falls under the department of Wellness really.

In other words, I'm just trying to figure out, most of my friends say that they are voting for Kerry. Can they give me a reason other then "he's Not Bush"?

Because that is the stupidest reason to vote for somebody that I can think of.

And just for Shits and Giggles, Reason 4, A Kerry Presidency keeps Hillary out of office for eight years

Enough said.

Next up, Why I will vote for George Bush, to include, as I did here, reasons why I would not vote for him.

Meanwhile, this post will be continually updated with supporting documents, and more items as I find them as to why I would not vote for Kerry. This will continue over the next couple of days until it is refined to the point that i Like it.

No comments: