3.08.2005

My Rant

Well, I'm having a problem. Truthfully, its a problem that stems not from the fact of where I am, but who I'm with.

I guess you could say that sometimes my interpersonal skills are a little lacking. And the person I'm having the biggest issue right now happens to be my roommate.

The situation I cannot go into, on account of its sensitive nature (which immediately produces the 'red light') but it involves the fact that my roommates and I come from very diverse back grounds and we seem to be talking in different languages. But it doesn't change the fact that I am greatly annoyed by some of the things they do and their various arguments supporting their actions and condemning mine. Fine, whatever, but I don't think I can win when I finally tried to sit down and have a conversation with one of them trying to explain where I was coming from and why I did the things I did. I admit I was in the wrong on several issues, but it doesn't stop the other girl from continuingly stabbing me in the back while I'm sitting there in the room with her.

It makes for an uncomfortable environment. I'd offer to move out, but I've been ordered to stay there. I don't have permission to move out. I am told that I have to stay in this room and put up with this girl who I absolutely do not get along with and if I have problems with her, I should just ignore her.

I guess this would make more sense if I could tell you the whole story, but I can't. Besides, you have her version and mine. Two people on two very different wavelengths, seeing one issue from two points of view.

This is going to be a long year.

No comments: