12.08.2005

I Wish You a Merry Christmas

One more week of class and I'm done with school.

A part of me is wondering what I was thinking when I signed up to take classes this close to going home, but for the most part, it's been nice to refresh up on my Deutsches Sprechen, and I forgot how much I love science. I'm a geek of the worst sense.

Still don't know my grade for the Harry Potter class.

My family apparently got my christmas message. I didn't want to say anything about it, it was sort of a surprise that I wanted to do. Back in early November, they gave us the option of recording a message to send back to a news station in the states where you can wish your family and friends a merry christmas. They will then air it on TV and let your family know when it will show up.

Well, my initial message was something along the lines of me saying "This is SGT Erickson in Camp Bondsteel Kosovo, I just want to wish my family and friends back home a Merry Christmas, I'll see you soon!"

For some reason, I got the brilliant idea that I should wish my family a merry christmas all by name.

Well, considering I've got 5 brothers and sisters, plus my parents, after rambling through their names, and wishing their kids a merry christmas as well (and conveniantly forgetting the spouses) I was wondering if this was such a good idea.

It took me two times to record it, most people just said it and went on.

So, Mom, how was it? Was it as bad as I think it is?

No comments: