12.01.2005

The NCO Creed

No one is more professional than I. I am a Noncommissioned Officer, a leader of soldiers. As a Noncommissioned Officer, I realize that I am a member of a time honored corps, which is known as "The Backbone of the Army". I am proud of the Corps of Noncommissioned Officers and will at all times conduct myself so as to bring credit upon the Corps, the Military Service and my country regardless of the situation in which I find myself. I will not use my grade or position to attain pleasure, profit, or personal safety.

Competence is my watchword. My two basic responsibilities will always be uppermost in my mind -- accomplishment of my mission and the welfare of my soldiers. I will strive to remain tactically and technically proficient. I am aware of my role as a Noncommissioned Officer. I will fulfill my responsibilities inherent in that role. All soldiers are entitled to outstanding leadership; I will provide that leadership. I know my soldiers and I will always place their needs above my own. I will communicate consistently with my soldiers and never leave them uninformed. I will be fair and impartial when recommending both rewards and punishment.

Officers of my unit will have maximum time to accomplish their duties; they will not have to accomplish mine. I will earn their respect and confidence as well as that of my soldiers. I will be loyal to those with whom I serve; seniors, peers, and subordinates alike. I will exercise initiative by taking appropriate action in the absence of orders. I will not compromise my integrity, nor my moral courage. I will not forget, nor will I allow my comrades to forget that we are professionals, Noncommissioned Officers, leaders!


This is the NCO Creed, which all NCO's should live by. I admit that I haven't always been able to live by the creed, but I've attempted to memorize it in the past and tried to grow into it. I have seen many Sergeants in the army who don't seem to know what this is or even try to do anything with it.

Well, the latest info on my journey in Kosovo, I am no longer in the section I came here under. My former NCOIC and I had one clash to many and I felt that I could no longer perform adequately under him, so I asked to be removed. I have been moved out of Preventive Medicine and now I work in the hospital doing general tasks that need to be performed directly for the First Sergeant. I think I'll be fine with this arrangement, I've got a little time left and December has so far started off on the right foot already.

A load has been lifted. I just hope the rest of this month goes by with no more major issues.

I also think that the blog will no longer be an issue. I will do everything in my power to make sure it remains an non-issue as well.

No comments: