12.01.2005

A Note to My Readership

I just wanted to let you all know how much your comments meant to me. I found out I was deploying to Kosovo in October of Last Year and had been gearing up for it through November. I didn't know what would really come of my blog, which I had already had for three years before that. In fact, I thought it would probably die and I wouldn't use it that much. My blog has been on its deathbed before where I wouldn't post much of anything for a few months at a time.

Well, I posted my infamous Not Sorry Pic and my blog got a lot of attention. I wasn't sure how I would be able to handle this at the time with my deployment, and decided to try to keep my blog up anyway. This deployment has been a difficult one for a variety of reasons, which I won't go into here, but I have found a lot of support from my readership and I was able to hang in there.

You all made me want to fight this issue, this blog has been a tremendous help for me while I've been serving here, so I want to thank you for your support and encouraging words, and for being there to root for me in this. I've got a couple of months left and I'll be out of the army (for now, don't know if I'll get back in) and I have a feeling that this blog will continue to be there. I've always been a bit baffled by the readership I get, I don't know why you all find me interesting, but I'm amused and in awe by the attention this blog has recieved.

My Executive Officer made the comment to me when he told me that I could continue blogging that I have a lot of guts to post personal thoughts on such a public forum. I don't know why blogging has appealed to me, but its a hobby I'm glad I've taken up.

I think this deployment is ending on the right track. Once again, thank you for your support, it means a lot to me.

No comments: