2.25.2006

Movies

Now that I'll be watching movies a lot more *rentals more then anything, I don't think I can go into the previous DVD buying binges I was once known for* I decided to maybe do some reviews on what I thought. Bare in mind, my opinions in regards to movies don't mean a whole hill of beans because I'm easy to please and I rarely look into the deeper meaning of movies. I'm just in it purely for the entertainment value.

Red Eye - I don't really watch thriller type movies, but for some reason this one peaked my interest. I actually saw previews to it while in Kosovo. I liked it, and it was a clean thriller. Very little cussing, some implied situations, but overall it does what its supposed to do, get you at the edge of your seat. It did me. And that's saying something, like I said, I don't generally watch thriller type movies. Or rather, horror movies for that reason.

Wallance and Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit - I've been a fan of Wallace and Gromit since the mid '90's, and was rather pleased to hear that they came out with a full length feature film. Somebody had recommended in Kosovo to watch it, unfortunately I never got around to it. This falls right in line with the shorts. It's good clean fun, made me laugh out loud more then a couple of times, and I sincerely enjoyed the film. Just good clean fun the whole family can enjoy. For that reason I usually enjoy family flicks. hehe.

Sad to say, this is all I've really seen lately. My current TV Show is Firefly, like I mentioned before, I haven't quite gotten into it, but I started watching it while I was distracted.

Um, if anybody has any movies that have come out on DVD in the last ten or so months that are enjoyable popcorn fodder, please by all means send them my way. To save you the time, here is a short list of what I have seen.

Million Dollar Baby - Good flick, tear jerker.
Just Like Heaven - Great date movie, clean, Reese Witherspoon = I have to see it.
Corpse's Bride - Typical Tim Burton Animation, quirky and a bit morbid. I wish the theater had a better sound system.
Domino - Any movie which makes jokes at the expense of actors from Beverly Hills, 90210 is all right with me. + Kiera Knightly = I have to see it, for different reasons then Reese.
Walk the Line - I'm a Johnny Cash fan. Plus, as mentioned before, Reese Witherspoon.
King's Ransom - I think the only reason why I saw it is because we were bored and had to do something with our time. And in Kosovo, movies are free. In other words, yeah, funny, but not laugh out loud and sometimes uncomfortable humor.
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - I'm a Potter Fan. This is a given, I have to see this movie.
Underworld: Evolution - I was disappointed. Especially since I've recently acquired a Werewolf/Vampire fascination (not to the point of disturbance with me going all goth however).
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Quirky humor. I think this one is geared to the fans, but I do admit I enjoyed it.
Mr and Mrs. Smith - This has a lot of guns in it. But can I say I think these two have become seriously overhyped? I'm done.
Saints and Soldiers - I don't care what Murray says, past the historical innacuracies I liked it.

I may have missed a couple. But actually, my movie watching compared to years past has been limited.

Maybe every couple of weeks i'll post a couple more reviews.

No comments: