11.25.2006

Chuck, and an SKS

In my family we've acquired this tradition on Thanksgiving. We find a range or suitable public ground, we round up our assortment of fire arms, and we go plinking.

After this round, we're wondering if we're going to find another warmer holiday to associate our plinking tradition.

My dad who's a welder made these targets that go *ping* when they're struck, so we don't necessarily have to see if we hit them or not. Whatever the case may be, I took my trust rifle Chuck, along with the other asortment of firearms at our disposal. Because my niece went with me, I spent a good portion of the time actually trying to talk her into firing Chuck instead of shooting myself. She promised she would do it, NEXT year. We did get her to fire a Ruger 5 Mil and a 22. Revolver.

EDIT: Ok, I meant to say Ruger 9 Mil, either that is a typo or I'm just the world's largest poser when it comes to guns. . .



I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing here. Either I was caught in one of those priceless kodak moments where my face is contorted to display my worst possible features, or I just took a whiff of something pretty foul.

Grimace or not, Chuck is still a lot of fun to shoot! And although I'm not as accurate with the Ak as my military issued M16, I still get a pleasant feeling every time one of those targets goes *ping!*


I have to get some support with this thing, and then I'm lethal!

Whatever the case, one of the highlights of the trip was one of the newest additions to the gun family. A chinese SKS! Dropped once, never been fired. . .



And a bayonet. . . *drools*

I love the bayonet. I thought the fact that this rifle had a bayonet attached to it was so freakin cool that I started remembering weapons drills from basic and started screaming war chants.

*WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE BAYONET!?!*
*TO KILLKILLKILL with the COLDBLUESTEEL!*

*WHAT MAKES THE GREEN GRASS GROW?!?*
*BLOODBLOOD BRIGHTREDBLOOD!*

Thrust to the groin, buttstroke to the face, you know, the CLASSICS!

*LET ME SEE YOUR WARFACE!*

Ahh, the memories. . .

No comments: