1.01.2007

2006 Year in Review

01. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
Not as much as last year, but working in Yellowstone is probably the main item of note.

02. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did fairly well, accomplished about ten or so. Yes, I'll make more, they're just something that I like to look back on at the end of the year.

03. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not this year that I can think of really, other then a few of my cousins whom I haven't seen in a while.

04. Did anyone close to you die?
Not this year.

05. What countries did you visit?
Kosovo, Iceland and the United States. My traveling was done primarily last year.

06. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
More motivation and sleep discipline. Should get that in Drill Sergeant School.

07. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Not so many that really stand out this year. December 3rd, because I got hit by two people on the same day.

08. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I guess getting back to school was.

09. What was your biggest failure?
I regret not sticking it out in Yellowstone. But I wouldn't have had the opportunity to spend the rest of the summer at home with my sister and her family who I *never* get to see. I hadn't really got to bond with her kids before and I got quite attached to them so it's kind of a wash.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Does the headfirst crash into a tree via snowboard that required 14 stitches count?

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My car and my ferrets. :) Go a year without a means of transportation and you tell me how important a car is in America?

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
I hate this question. . .

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
A couple of people's did, one would be roommate comes to mind.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Where didn't it go? Car, TV, New Bed, Computer, a lot of things.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Yellowstone. I was so pumped for this.

16. What songs will always remind you of 2006?
A lot of songs did, though a lot of them were also throwbacks of 2005 that I hadn't heard until 2006. But I don't listen to the radio much so I can't say any particular song does. I actually followed American Idol this year, maybe one of those songs might make me think of 2006?

I work in the music department regularly and I have no idea of how to answer this question. *sigh*

17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
The whole year, happier. This time compared to last year, sadder.

ii. Thinner or fatter?
About the same, though a little thinner. I REALLY need to get into better shape and be more active.

iii. Richer or poorer?
Poorer. I came off a deployment last year where I had nothing to spend money on. Now I have bills and rent and I'm in school again.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Painted, been more active, yadda yadda yadda.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Slept less.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
Very lowkey, with family. It was very nice.

22. Did you fall in love in 2006?
I don't think the word 'love' can be applied to me. I love people like my family and friends, but I don't think I'll ever get this 'love of another human being in that intimate kind of way' down.

23. How many one night stands?
*grumbles* Why does this question have to be here? It is stricken from all future surveys of this nature. 0.

24. What were your favourite TV programs?
Last year this time, I didn't watch TV. I watch it a lot more now. But rather more on DVD then actual TV. So, let's list them off, shall we?

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Smallville, Avatar the Last Airbender, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Disney programs from the late 80's early 90's as well as numerous cartoons, The Glenn Beck Program. . .

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I didn't have anybody to hate this year. I did loathe a couple of people while I was at Yellowstone for a bit at first, but I got over it.

26. What was the best book you read?
I'm trying to think of anything I read this year. Which is kind of sad, because that must mean that nothing stood out in my mind so nothing I guess.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
*sighs* I guess I'm not hip enough or with it in this arena because I honestly don't have any clue what band I discovered this year that really stands out to me.

28. What did you want and get?
A new TV, Computer (had to get it for school) and Car big ones.

29. What did you want and not get?
A horse. I almost bought one a couple months ago but wisely refrained. Good job.

I also wanted to get a Wii and a new camera. Again, wisely refrained at this time. I'm using these as rewards for myself this year when I accomplish certain goals, like Drill Sergeant School.

30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Little Miss Sunshine was probably my favorite.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Lowkey, had to work and do homework first, and then I spent the next day *thanksgiving* with the family and celebrated my day as Kamacka. My birthday as well as two of my inlaws are one after another and so we have come to be known as one entity at this time of year as we celebrate all of our birthdays at the same time.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I'm not exactly sure. I was kind of mellow and low key this year. I guess if I could have gone to Drill Sergeant school earlier and gotten it out of the way.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
T-shirt and jeans, though I'm better this year then years past as I actually wear T-shirts that fit me now.

34. What kept you sane?
Having my own place, and my own space helps. Living under the parent's roof was a little grating at times because I didn't have my own area and I couldn't get to anything for the first part of this year. *GAARRRR!*

Yes, very frustrating.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Ok, next year, the word 'fancy' will be stricken from this particular question.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Hmm, none really. I didn't really get stirred by much of anything politically this year. Did I? *thinks* I guess the war did.

37. Who did you miss?
My grandmother. . .

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Probably some of the people I met in Yellowstone.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
Don't dwell on the past, its done. Learn from it and move on.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
*has to think abou this, never been good with song lyrics.*

No comments: