4.18.2007

Super Hero - HAH! (work in progress)

So, for my current homework assignment, I have to take a picture of myself or somebody I know and convert it into a digital illustration, or more specifically, a super hero.

Huh?

Well, I got the converting part down at least, and so I've been playing with the illustrator software and I must admit, I'm not in love with it. I still don't know what I'm doing, but I'm kind of getting the gist of it.

So, back to the 'super hero' assignment, which had me scratching my head. When I first heard the assignment, I wasn't aware of it being an assignment converting a picture into a super hero, and I was thinking of doing something with a ferret (I have plans to do a spoof comic with ferrets, its not a long term thing by any means) but alas, I got the memo that I was to use a picture for this assignment.

Well, I need a lot of work, but after fiddling with it, I got, something?

What picture did I use you might ask? Why, the one that I ran into the ground about two years ago.



It's still a work in progress. I've got to find a way to make this all super hero-y. But I just converted the bare basics.


I even thought about giving myself long hair with it down, but, well, that would feel weird because I'm in uniform, so in order to make that a go, I have to ditch the uniform. And its so baggy that I'm having trouble trying to figure out where my limbs are underneath.

Maybe I should get another picture instead? Ah, but it's so much fun!

No comments: