5.27.2007

Weee!

Well, I did it. We finally got them in stock at work and I decided to endulge myself and get one.

I bought a Nintendo Wii.

It may have simply been the simplicity of the box, or the interactiveness of the games, or the fact that I just wanted to get one, but I brought it home, along with a second controller (picked up a third with Wii Play a couple days ago) and have been using the Wii as a socializing tool.

Its funny, actually. Like my dad, who hates video games, actually likes the Wii. The graphics aren't the greatest but the revolutionary controller puts this system in a category all of its own leaving Playstation 3 and XBOX 360 to dook it out as the machine for gamers (it appears Xbox is winning that war) as Wii has its own line of games that are made specifically for it.

Furthermore, some licensed games, specifically racing games, are better suited for the Wii. I picked up Cars and played that using the Wii remote as a steering wheel. Though other licensed games, TMNT for instance, play better on the other platforms, like Xbox.

I like my Wii, and when I do move out I'll likely get an Xbox 360 as well to sublement some of the other must haves, but in the meantime, I'm getting sold on the some of the mini games.

Wii Sports is a great little series of games that almost anybody can play, and even my parents got in on this one. And I hate sports games. Usually.

Wii Play is actually somewhat disappointing, but there are a few games on it that make it a keeper. Specifically Billiards (9 Ball) and a throw back to Duck hunt. I'm going to try to see if I can't get some more content unlocked, becuase it seems a bit lacking at the moment. There doesn't seem to be enough available.

WarioWare: Smooth Moves is currently my favorite game for the Wii. Its a series of quick small and usually easy games that can stump you in that you have to figure out what you are supposed to do when holding the remote in a specific way. But they get progressively harder and harder and you have to figure them out. Quick! And its just as much fun watching the person playing as playing yourself.

I've still get to get Legend of Zelda (we've got a used on in stock, but I have to wait until the sixth before I can actually buy it *sighs*) and there are a couple of other titles I want to try out, but I think I will start utilyzing more of the rentals to make sure I'm not wasting my money. You know, rent them before you buy them to make sure they are worth the extra cost.

Tommorrow we're having a family get together complete with barbeque at the Parent's house. My mom asked me to bring the Wii.

No comments: