3.18.2008

Carcassonne

Holy Expansion Pack Batman!

When I was on my date this weekend, Chris (the guy I was hooked up with) brought in this game called Carcassonne and all six of us huddled around in a circle and played it.

We weren't exactly sure what we were going to do, the date was rather random and unplanned though we knew we were going to do it for the last month, so we made a decision that whoever won the game would decide where we would go to eat dinner.

Carcassonne is this German game that won game of the year in 2001 and for people into Board Games its quite popular. Well, I have never heard of it and its many many expansions until we played it on Saturday. It takes a bit to get used to but I was hooked!

Maybe because I unintentionally picked up on it and kicked everybody's butt by winning the game!

We ended up eating Thai, and came back afterward to play Rock Band on Xbox 360 (which is a very fun and addictive game, I will be picking it up when it comes out for the Wii) but I decided that I would find out more about Carcassonne when I got home.

Well, I went driving around town and headed over to a game place and picked up Carcassonne and the expansion set Inns and Cathedrals. And noticed that there was a gob of other expansions as well. I glanced them over and picked them up as well.

Overall five expansion sets, as well as three mini expansions. The store clerk let me know that playing all the expansions will run the game a few more hours, but it looks like fun if you can get a group of people to play! There is the Count of Carcassonne, Traders and Builders, Kings and Scouts, the River II, The Tower, the Princess and the Dragon, and Abbeys and Manors. I went nuts, for lack of a better word. I think I'm going to force the family to get together and play it with me sometime later this week.

So Marnie, let Chris know that the Carcassonne game was a hit with me at least. :)

No comments: