9.30.2008

The World Runs 9 to 5. . .

. . . and I don't.

It might have something to do with being used to getting up at 0430 and staying up working until whenever. But funny thing is I used to be a night owl of the worst kind. I am totally a morning person now. It is not uncommon for me to find myself crashing by 9 PM, which before May was unheard of. I would stay up until the wee hours of the morning and now I don't.

You know, it's actually a good thing. Being a morning person that is. You feel like you get more out of your day, unless you get off work and find yourself crashing at 5 in the afternoon because you have nothing better to do (not unheard of for me, I am such a boring (or bored?) person right now its ridiculous.

I woke up on Sunday morning at 5 am and kind of got myself cleaned up a bit and then headed into town. . . to discover that most things didn't open until about 930 or so. So I went to Jamestown, thinking I could perhaps walk around there for a bit, only to discover that they are locked at that early. . .

. . . hmm. . .

then everything closes at five-ish. I was planning on doing Jamestown in the morning, Williamsburg in the afternoon and Yorktown in the evening. Or something like that. It didn't work out that way and I saw Eagle Eye Sunday night instead.

I adjusted a little bit yesterday, and actually slept in,(until about 630) to find myself in Yorktown early in the morning, and discovered that I could have wandered the grounds there.

Why hadn't I gone to Yorktown first? I could have probably squeezed the whole Historic Triangle in one swoop instead of taking it into two days.

Today I slept in until seven. Wandered a National Park and saw Assateague Island, which opened at 6am, wish I had ajusted a little bit then.

Now I'm in Washington DC. Which fortunately, looks like it will be a bit more accomodating to my perferred schedule of early morning.

Next three days in the nation's capital. Good times to be had, if I can see it all. With the crap going on in the nation right now I bet it will be easy.

shhh, don't tell anybody I'm a conservative.

Pictures to come.

No comments: