9.08.2008

Yearbook Yourself!

You know when you get into those moments of insanity where boredom strikes, you know you are supposed to be working but bloody hell, you have been working for 14 weeks and you can't do anything any how until somebody else gets with you on what you need to do so for crying out loud, you are going to go surf yourself some internets and find out more about what the left has to say about Sarah Palin.

Or you can be like me and find yourself on amusing websites like YearbookYourself.com. where you can poke fun at yourself to your endless expense. And I'm very good at poking fun at myself.

So you have a gob of pictures taken through the ages, from 1950 to 2000, and you upload a picture of yourself looking straight into the camera (or therabouts) and off you go.

Of course, first you must find yourself the perfect picture. I had a hard time coming up with this part because most of my pictures are not here, but on my desktop back home.

So I had to make do with the ones of me using my point and click and snapping pictures of myself. Because, well, usually I'm bored when I do this.


this was taken in one of those 'man, do I really have to go to work today?' phases where I just didn't give a flying rat's behind. It was a linen day, so sue me if I just wanted to crawl under the table in my living room and crash for the entire day (I'm good at doing that when i have my few hours off by wasting them crashed out on the couch somewhere, and not even the excuse of having drunk myself into oblivion the night before. No, really, I'm that boring.)

Well, I'm looking at the camera right? So, this one works, right?

If you like the whitewashed look, perhaps. But otherwise, not jiving with it.

For kicks and giggles, I decided to try my infamous 'NOT SORRY FOR VOTING BUSH INTO THE WHITEHOUSE' gung ho kickass pose that made me semi famous for all of fifteen minutes and the scourge of liberal nutcases in the Democratic Underground.


Hehe, sorry, couldn't help myself. For some reason, a chick with a 203 larger then herself looks alright making that face, but when you superimpose that on a wholesome 50's gal, something comes quite off about it.


I could never rock that hairstyle. thankfully, I was born in the 80's.

Or is that a good thing?



Yikes!


What is with the uniforms? I'm telling you, I'm low on pictures right now. But I decided maybe if I toned down the look of "I will slaughter you using only my eyes" and see if that might work a little better.



It's doable. But of course, I wouldn't want to have the gloom and doom picture on my highschool yearbook, and I don't think that was the fashion in '76.

Well, I don't have access to my own high school pictures (they are awful, I had no fashion sense whatsoever) however, I do have (in the theme of this post seeing all of my pictures are in uniform) my military pictures.

Including my basic training pic. Heheh.


Yes, before the beret, there was the garrison cap. It had other less PC names as well. I won't go into detail.

But, well, the cap is kind of in the way.


Whoever thought those glasses were sexy? Some fads just need to stay dead, and I hope the horn rimmed glasses remain a thing that stays dead in the past.

But that damn garrison cap.


Back in 2005, when I decided it would be a brilliant idea to chop my hair off (and then I spent the next year trying to grow it out, but look, I'm actually SMILING), I took this picture. A rarity, I know. But it's nearly head on, and the tone of the picture isn't so off that it completely whitewashes these hideous pictures. And what's more, they actually WORKED!

Except for a couple came out with Double Chins. heheh, scary how some of these are fairly accurate depictions of what I would look like if I was in that era

from 1950 - 2000


Um, those last two are '98 and '00. And I graduated in '99?
I think I'll take my senior pic, thanks.



I wish I had a larger image online (that I knew where it was)

PS - I think I could totally work the 'fro, doncha think?

No comments: