5.28.2009

Yes, it has been a busy week in the scheme of things, to the point that I really don't have a lot to blog about aside from previous topics posted in the previous post.

Yes, training Joe.

From my experiences in this job, overall I enjoy it, but sometimes, yes, I wonder if I'm in over my head. I have a little work to do, I need to fine tune my style a bit more, and one of these days I will begin and end a full cycle. That is my goal. I guess last year counted somewhat, I started and ended the cycle with one company, but I was hanging out in the back room tending to Linen and being quite disgruntled (and vowed to never work that position again).

So, how is it going so far this cycle? For some reason, I always end up in Blue Phase. Although it is a very interesting experience training joe no matter where you get him at, it helps to start at the beginning, so you're tracking exactly what they have been taught and you're busy enforcing it.

But in many ways, it is a rewarding experience. I learn something new every day, and I think I'm actually developing quite a bit as a leader. Funny how you develop those skills when you are thrust out there in front of five dozen people and expected to keep them in line. Yeah, I still need work, but I'm getting there.

No comments: