11.25.2009

Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving is the time to be grateful and give thanks for everything you have.

You know, I think right now in my life I am perhaps the most content and satisfied I have ever been. Not to say that everything is perfect and gumdrops and lollypops, but things could be a whole lot worse then they are. I have a job where I make good money (though I need to have a back up plan in three months, but I'll be stable in the transition phase) and I have realize a lot about life and come to a lot of conclusions where I am not as angsty as I was before. I had some serious emotional roller coasters through my early twenties of just trying to figure things out. I'm still getting there, but I can look at life and things make a hell of a lot more sense now then they did five years ago.

I am very grateful for my family for being there for me through thick and thin, though I guess I have made it fairly easy for the most part, but I know some things I do does make my mom's hair turn grey.

I'm also still trying to figure me out. It's one of those trials, you think you know yourself, but how well do you really know yourself? When I had my bouts of depression in my late teens/early twenties of just figuring things out, I'll be honest, i didn't really like myself as a person. But then I didn't get me, and it transcended a lot of things, beyond politics and more to do with Identity, but as I've grown older and gotten more comfortable with myself, I've discovered that the person I am now is a person I can be happy being.

sure, I still got the crappy skin and pasty white complexion that refused to tan, I shed hair at a rate that i'm shocked I'm not bald yet and I say things completely off the wall that makes a lot of people turn and go 'huh?', but I think overall I've become comfortable being me, and I think it's important to be comfortable with who you are.

I don't stress out like I used too, sure Politics still causes me to get a little frustrated with how the world works, but there is still a lot to be thankful for. You just gotta keep your head above water and put things in perspective.

Just never tell me no matter how bad things get, they can always get worse. But for now, things are good.

Ramblings Off/

No comments: