1.04.2012

2011 in review

Despite how little, or how much I blog, I will always do my review of my year. 

This year, I'm going to add a little extra.  A month by month account of how my year went.  Coming in a blog post near you.

01. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?

Hmm. . . thinking.  . . :P

Give birth of course, nothing anyone tells you can prepare you for childbirth, and men really can't understand

02. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

One event probably skewed a lot of my resolutions for last year (will detail in a post immediately following) and yes, I have a lot of resolutions for this coming year.

03. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Hmm. . .

Actually, I know quite a few.  a couple of cousins, a niece and a friend of mine all had babies, but one did come near and dear to me. 

04. Did anyone close to you die?

At this moment, I can't think of any deaths.  I'd feel very foolish if I was wrong on this account. 

05. What countries did you visit?

No countries other than the US of A, however, one more state was knocked off my to visit list, the great island state of Hawaii!  That brings my total to 46!

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?

Exercise.

07. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

A handful. Of course, one big one, November 15th.  I will write this date down multiple times for the rest of my life I am guessing.

08. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Natural Childbirth.  believe me, it is a HUGE achievement.  I wanted to cave in bad, but I managed to do it unmedicated.  I can't take full credit, my friend Pam the Doula and my mother and sisters were a huge help in making me achieve this goal.

09. What was your biggest failure?

This is a tough one.  I guess not getting that stupid possibly rabid cat, which is still at large.  Also, was going to put in a garden.  It didn't happen this year.  But then again, this was a horrid year for gardening, so I have heard.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Child birth, and the consequences produced from baring an 8 pound baby naturally.  And of course, getting attacked by a feral cat. 

11. What was the best thing you bought?

My husband got us a trip to hawaii, definitely the best thing we bought :)

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?

No idea, but I'm guessing I can say Yay me for going Natural!

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?

Multiple Politicians.  I am very disappointed in our current crop of presidential candidates

14. Where did most of your money go?

Towards an infant I guess.  I got into the nesting bug pretty bad.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

For November to come around so I could hold my little munchkin in my arms.

16. What songs will always remind you of 2011?

You know, there are so many stupid songs out on the radio today.  I'm focusing on oldies I think, becuase I've been listening to a lot of soft music to calm infant.  I really like Adele, I guess her music will.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?

Definitely happier

ii. Thinner or fatter?

Ugh, Fatter.  Granted I just had a baby so give me a break.  Overall I'm doing well, just have to lose a few more pounds and tone!

iii. Richer or poorer?

Poorer financially, (barely) just because we have more things to support, namely an infant, but we're still doing very well.  Richer in all other ways.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?

More prepping for the baby, namely in organizing the house and getting my affairs in order.  I would have also liked to have done a garden.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?

Slept, but it was a necessity when you are pregnant.  I spent the first trimester taking four hour naps and they were spectacular.

20. How did you spend Christmas?

Christmas eve with my folks and family, Christmas morning with my husband and daughter, and christmas afternoon with his family.  We just about missed christmas together and almost had to delay it.  Very low key holiday season, it was nice though. 

22. Did you fall in love in 2011?

Yes :)  Madly in love

23. rescinded due to pointlessness (what can I put here in place of this question?)

24. What were your favourite TV programs?

Sister got me hooked on Dexter.  Netflix has been key to introducing us to discontinued shows like My Name Is Earl and No Ordinary Family.  Watched Jericho after I had Kaia.  Been watching Star Trek, The Next Generation off and on when I have some time to kill with the baby.  Still, not much of a TV watcher, especially now that I'm getting my energy back. 

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

Juvenile question.  I guess I still despise the cat that maimed me

26. What was the best book you read?

Don't read a whole lot, so I guess The Hunger Games

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?

The Lullaby setting on Pandora (though the ads ruin the vibe)

28. What did you want and get?

A healthy pregnancy and a bouncing baby

29. What did you want and not get?

We do want a boy, but I'm absolutely thrilled with my daughter.  Also, a hypnobirth and more time with my husband
30. What was your favourite film of this year?

Haven't watched a lot, but I really liked Limitless, also Harry Potter.  Buck was fantastic. 

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

Went to a breast feeding support group with my week old daughter, then went home and my husband made me dinner and gave me a Nook.  I turned 31.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

My husband being home more, but alas, that is part of the hazards of being married to the military.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?

Lounge Pants and Oversized T-Shirts. 

34. What kept you sane?

There's always something to do.  I can't die of boredom where I live. 
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you like the most?

This is a difficult question for me for some reason.  I'm sure there was one but I can't think of any. 

36. What political issue stirred you the most?

I guess how dumb the GOP field is.  I tried to remain current without getting to stirred up with politics, being pregnant I wanted to keep myself in a mellow easy going mood and nothing gets your blood pumping like Politics. 

37. Who did you miss?

My husband, who was missing half of the year

38. Who was the best new person you met?

A little girl named Kaiana

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.

Family is what Life is All About

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

"I got You Babe!"

No comments: